Saturday, October 1, 2022

October Case Files - First Reveal | Deadline: November 4, 2022

Happy October, CSI Investigators! We are already into fall and we'll be celebrating the glory of autumn with our October challenges. We're excited to bring you a new month of fun and inspiring challenges and lots of beautiful inspiration. 

For this first reveal, we'll be sharing inspiration from the design team and guest designers for our first Case File. On the 15th, we'll be sharing inspiration for our second Case File. 


PRIZES

CSI will be giving away a $20 (U.S. dollars) gift certificate to your favorite online craft store (must take Paypal) to one lucky player each month.




We'll also be inviting some players whose work catches our eye to serve as Guest Detectives.



CASE FILES 

There's a nip in the air, and the leaves are starting to drop from the trees. Autumn is apple season (and it's also National Dessert Month as well as National Bake and Decorate Month), so that's what we're celebrating with our first Case File. Our second Case File is devoted to all things fall. As always, you don't have to scrap these topics. Draw your own inspiration from The Scene on the Case File, or you can use the traditional clues, which can be found at the bottom of this blog post.

Image credit: Diamond Paintings Art


Image credit: Pinterest

The traditional CSI clues can be found on our Facebook page in the first entry under the album. Just click on the Case File images above. They are also posted at the bottom of this reveal.

To submit your layouts, click on the Case Files in our sidebar, which will bring you to the individual albums in our Facebook group.


GALLERY FAVE GUEST DETECTIVES

These talented ladies' work caught our eye in previous months' challenges, so we invited them to be guest designers for the month.
Jean Marmo

My name is Jean and I have a scrapbooker since my daughter was in middle school many years ago. Now, as the grandmother of two little ones, I try to capture memories of their lives – both the everyday ones as well as the special ones. Scrapbooking supplies and styles have changed over the years and I love mixing things up as I did here, with one traditional layout and the other using a mixed media style. I am honored to have the opportunity to showcase the October files for CSI. You can find me at my blog - Pagesintime or at mjmarmo on Instagram.


How I solved the Case: When I saw the inspiration photo, I immediately thought of my over 40 year old Better Homes and Garden cookbook. Then I thought of my grandchildren and daughter, who love to make pancakes on Sunday mornings. These aren’t just any pancakes though. They add color and make flowers, trains, animals and more. The pattern paper of the background reminds me of the cover of the cookbook. I layered distressed pattern papers for the border at the bottom. Paint splattered and gooped on the background look like blobs of pancake batter because creating with two small children can be messy. I created a distressed recipe for pancakes and tucked it behind the photos. Other details include ric rac and burlap. I have clusters with flowers, wood buttons and wood embellishments.


Cynthia Baldwin

Hi, I'm Cynthia Baldwin. I live in Cypress, Texas (northwest Houston) with my husband of over 25 years, John. We have two kids, Nick and Aly, plus our fur baby Lucy. I've been papercrafting/memory-keeping for over thirty years, and I still love the creativity, photography, generous community - and of course the pretty supplies! - that come with this awesome hobby.

Thanks to Debbi and the CSI design team for providing me some much-needed inspiration for my memory-keeping.


How I solved the Case: The pie reminded me of the different birthday dessert photos I've taken this month. September is my bday month, and I indulged several times, plus I had some freebies from restaurant apps. (I love a sweet deal!)

While my layout colors are a lot brighter than the case file (more pink and teal than red and green), I was also inspired by the dark background. I used the clues for text print, fruit, cursive font, ricrac, and something shiny (the glitter dots and glitter alphas).
 
I found a Becky Fleck sketch that worked well with the photos so I need to give credit there too.

INSPIRATION 

And now, are you ready for some serious inspiration? Here's what our design team created with this month's first Case File. We will share creations for our other Case File on the 15th of the month.



The CSI design team masterfully cracked the Case. We'll share how we solved the Case on Facebook and Instagram.








CASE FILE CLUES 

Choose as many or as few as you are inspired to use! You don't have to use all of the categories of clues. Use what inspires you, or challenge yourself to use as many clues as you can. Or just use the image to inspire you as you wish!

Testimony Links: Blogtober titles

Testimony Link: October prompts

We trust we've provided enough clues for you to solve the Cases! You have until Novemer 4, 2022, to solve both cases. We can't wait to see what you'll create! Upload your creations in our Facebook Group (album links in sidebar).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment