Saturday, February 9, 2019

February Cold Case File No. 274

How would you like to use up some of your older scrapbook stash? CSI's Cold Case Files are designed to get you digging through your old stuff. Like our other two challenges, the Cold Case File is also open all month long. You can see the other Case Files here. There will be a full reveal of design team's and guest designers' creations for Case File No. 273 on February 15.

Check back on this blog post throughout the month, as we'll be adding more layouts as the team creates them.

SPONSORS 

This month, we have six generous sponsors. Click here to read more about our sponsors and the prizes they are donating. Winners will be selected randomly from all of our players, with a few exceptions where sponsors have asked us to choose from certain geographic regions.




COLD CASE FILE

We present our new bonus Cold Case File, which is designed to get you using your old stash. The beautiful Scene is by Claudia Tremblay.


The traditional CSI clues can be found on our Facebook page in the first entry under the album. Just click on the Case File images above. They are also posted at the bottom of this reveal.

To submit your layouts, click on the Case File above (or in the sidebar), which will bring you to the individual albums in our Facebook group.




GUEST DESIGNERS
We are so honored to have the 2Crafty design team serving as Guest Detectives this month! You are sure to be inspired by their work!

We are also thrilled to announce the return of Special Investigators! This month, Giorgia Rossini was chosen to guest design. Giorgina's layout will be presented in the mid-month reveal.



INSPIRATION 

And now, are you ready for some serious inspiration? Here's what our design team created with Cold Case File No. 274. 

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

How Lisa-Marie solved the Cold Case: When I saw this inspiration image I knew I wanted to use lots of flowers! I dug into my emphemera stash and hauled out all sorts of old stock! I found flowers and foliage and some interesting 'frames' too. In addition, I used some leaves and branches chippies and the papers that I chose had an earthy feel to them. I chose to work with browns, greens, reds and cream.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

How Vivian solved the Cold Case: The flower wreath & ribbon in the girls hair inspired me this time. I've used green, red, white, yellow, black & peach as my colours.

I used the buttons, flowers & feathers product as a jumping off point, and the mixed media, stencil design clue and this video from Nathalie DeSousa helped bring this page together. 


And, for your information in case you didn't know, pulchritudinous means beautiful. I found that comment on my daughters profile picture. It was written by her boyfriend. ;)

No photo description available.

How Lisa Solved the Cold Case: I was inspired by the colors, owl, flowers, deer & the braided hair (this reminded me of my daughters winter cap). For clues I used: an old Glitz collection from my stash and an owl. Design clue: I used a stencil I haven't used in awhile along with BoBunny Glue Paste with some cream acrylic paint added to it. I also stamped on my background.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Lynette Jacobs, people smiling

How Lynette solved the Cold Case: I love the "cold case" files. I am challenging myself to scrap my stash this year. I found an older collection that matched the palette. I used stacks of ribbons and an old Petaloo flower. I incorporated a wood owl and a metal owl charm. I applied some texture paste (coloured with paint) through a stencil.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling

How Debbi solved the Cold Case: I love challenges--they really help get me going. I'm on the design team at Paper Issues, so I like combining their challenges ours. In this case, I played in their Free File Free-for-All challenge, where they challenge you to use one of their free cut files. I knew I wanted to use one of the old BasicGrey Christmas collections for the winter themed clue, as  well as the basic color scheme of the Case File. I have all my winter and Christmas embellishments in a box, and I dug through their and found that 2Crafty chipboard present (they're a sponsor this month), some glittery poinsettias, and that big frame that reminded me of a wreath, like the wreath in the Case File. I think I got that frame in a kit a long time ago and didn't think I'd ever use it. I just love using old stash!


How Debbi solved the Cold Case: I had originally set out to use a Sassafras Lass paper with owls, but like I said above, I love to combine CSI challenge with Paper Issues challenges, and this was for a Scraplift Sunday challenge. You'll have to go take a look at Jennifer's amazing layout that was the inspiration for my design. So, even though I didn't use the Sassafras Lass owls, I did use the border strips from Sassafras Lass's Indie Girl collection, which is close to ten years old. I also used a bunch of buttons and some really old Prima mulberry flowers, which were clues. I dug into an old Thickers alpha pack that I had never opened, and used some old K&Co. phrase stickers.



CASE FILE CLUES 

Choose as many or as few as you are inspired to use! Testimony links can be found on our Facebook Page.




2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful!
    ---------------------------------
    https://www.ustvarjalnidotik.si/izdelki/trgovina/papir/pisarniski-material/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.friv Games online 2020
    Jogos live
    friv game

    ReplyDelete