Saturday, September 15, 2018

Case File No. 262 - Deadline: September 30, 2018

We're excited to share our new mid-month challenge. It's got such a lovely, happy, vibrant feel to it! Also, school is in full swing, so don't forget about our September 1 challenge, which is perfect for scrapping your back to school photos.

Our challenges stay open all month long. And did you know that you are welcome to submit as many layouts as you'd like for the challenges? We also don't mind if you combine our challenge with other challenges or with your design team work. We are here to inspire you to scrap and tell your story!

So, are you ready for the new challenge? Grab you forensics kits, CSI players, and get ready for some serious sleuthing as we open Case File No. 262.

CASE FILE

Did you know that September is Happy Cat Month? It's a perfect month to celebrate our furry, feather, scaly or otherwise members of the family. We found a delightful Scene by British illustrator Rachel Ellen to inspire you. 

Don't  have a pet? You can scrap any pictures. Remember, the Scene is very open-ended. Use the colors, or some of the elements from The Scene. 

Feel free to interpret the Case File in any way that inspires you, or for our traditional clues, scroll down to the bottom of this post.


For our Russian players, Detective Anastasia has translated our Case File into Russian:



SPONSORS

We're so excited to have thirteen generous sponsors this month! Our sponsors are among the best in the crafting industry, offering unique and trendy products. CLICK HERE to read more about these generous sponsors and the prizes they're donating.



GUEST DESIGNERS

We're excited have talented design team members from Cuts2luv and Scrapmatts join us as Guest Detectives this month. 


INSPIRATION

So...are you ready for some serious inspiration?

The inspiring design team from Cuts2luv solved the Case File like this:


France's blog

Veronique's blog
 How Veronique solved the Case: I was inspired by the color combo, flowers, stripes and hearts.Just as many inspiring elements that have guided me to a page full of life and color.

Sandra's blog
How Sandra solved the Case: Another great case to get inspired. I decided to use all the colors from the combo. The picture remind the animal on the challenge. I put a lot of flowers, leaves and dots. Hope you get inspired too... Have fun again with us this month. thanks, San xx




Our inspiring Guest Detectives from the Scrapmatts design team masterfully solved the Case like this:

Lizzy's blog
How Lizzy solved the Case: I have used the 5 colors as well as being inspired by the colors in the picture.. I have scrapped about my Daughter and her cat. I have used floral print, stripes, cat, bee, flowers, leaves swirl chipboard, bow, scallops, triangles, layered stickers and liquid pearls.

Tania's blog
How Tania solved the Case: I took inspiration from the colours. I used a picture of my daughter and her kitty….. Used some stripes, flowers, rhinestone swirls, triangles, buttons and nuvo crystal drops.



Here is how the CSI Detectives have expertly cracked the case. You can read more about how the Case File inspired them on their blogs (links on sidebar).



How Raechelle solved the Case: I'm just going to make it simple and say that I was inspired by all the things.  Seriously though, that super cute cat is the main source of my inspiration and I created a paper-pieced cat as the focal point for this page.

Image may contain: 2 people

How Sue solved the Case: I was inspired by the colours, flowers and doodle cat.


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

How Lisa-Marie solved the Case: This was one of my top favourite CSI Case files so far! I used quite a few papers on my layout directly inspired by the image. These were floral, polka dots, stripes and music notes. My bottom most layer is a flower / star cutout, which is similar to the little flowers at the bottom of the image. I added a flamingo - and flamingo print paper - and some floral stamping on my background. My journalling was inspired by the words 'happy' and 'darling'.


Image may contain: 1 person

How Louise solved the Case: I started with a solid black background and then added some mixed media using the colour inspiration. I chose an image featuring an animal! I even snuck in a couple of flowers!


No automatic alt text available.

How Michelle solved the Case: I used the Happy Cat as a theme, and then used so many of the elements as well - the vibrant pink yellow and green, the black and white stripes, the bee, flowers, a swirl, and a great heart from Charm Creations.


Image may contain: 1 person, screen

How Vivian solved the Case: I was mostly inspired by the colour palette this time! I really loved the bright pops of colour bouncing off the black and white. The palette itself is not my usual colour choices - but that's what CSI does - pushes me to move outside my box. I was also inspired by the presentation clue to handwrite my journalling in cursive - it's hidden by the middle square which I turned into a pocket.


How Debbi solved the Case: I have countless photos of this furry little mischief maker, and this photo was calling to me. These doors go to the library, where I keep not only my books but the cage holding my bearded dragon. Miss Minnie Cupcake wants to get in there so bad. I had locked the door from the inside when I went in to feed the lizard, and when I turned around, she had climbed halfway up the door and was staring at me. I was so lucky I had my camera to catch that funny shot! I used many of the traditional clues, including the color scheme, a floral print (which I fussy cut), stripes, dots, animals, flowers, hearts, triangles, buttons, a bow, and brads, as well as the topic Testimony.


No automatic alt text available.

How Lisa solved the Case: I was inspired by the colors.I added dots, other animal, insects and triangles for my evidence. I chose to document about our dog, Bender, who is doggy heaven, for my testimony.

No automatic alt text available.

How Jess solved the Case: How absolutely fabulous is the colour scheme, so happy and bright! Ive used a number of clues including floral print, dots, flowers, bow, scallops and a button. I have journalled about my Lab Betty.

Image may contain: 1 person

How Annie solved the Case: So many things I love squeezed into one fun Case File! I went traditional as usual and followed the clues, adding a little pop of the aqua blue to the Scheme.

Image may contain: 1 person

How Magali solved the Case: I kept the color scheme. I chose among the evidences the dots, the stripes, and the flowers. The words Happy and Darling inspired me.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling

How Carina solved the Case: This casefile immediately got me thinking about our kitty that passed away at the beginning of this year. We had her for a little more than 13 years so she sure got a big place in all our hearts. I also picked up some of the colors from the inspiration picture - and flowers of course! Who doesn't love flowers, right?

Image may contain: 1 person

How Natsuko solved the Case: I was inspired by the colors, animal, flowers and leaves. This is my daughter in her tiger costume that I made for a dance in pre-school. It was perfect to wear for the baseball match because we were rooting for the 'TIGERS' !!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

How Wendy solved the Case: I was inspired by the scallops and the Thank you message, stamping it randomly. I hand cut scallops from scrap paper in these vibrant colours added my favourite touch of haberdashery pieces, a little misting and flowers to keep it pretty!


Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

How Nina solved the Case: My layout tells the story of my son and daughter, very HAPPY to have played the Butterfly waltz on piano and soprano sax for their older brother in church on his wedding day in August. To help me solve this case, I used these clues: stripes, brads, dots, insects/butterflies, leaves, flower, rhinestones swirl, hearts and music-themed elements.


No automatic alt text available.

How Taru solved the Case: This page got inspration from our amazing inpiration photo! And I made this spread on my Traveler´s Notebook.


CASE FILE CLUES 
Choose as few or as many as you are inspired to use!


EVIDENCE
  • Floral print
  • Stripes
  • Dots
  • Cat, bird, other animals
  • Bee or other insects
  • Flowers, leaves, flower pots
  • Something swirl
  • Rhinestone swirls
  • Hearts
  • Music-themed element
  • Nuvo Drops, Liquid Pearls, or something similar
  • Bows
  • Triangles
  • Scallops
  • Multi-colored alphabet
  • Layered/ dimensional stickers
  • Buttons
  • brads
TESTIMONY (JOURNALING IDEAS)
  • Topic: Document your pet or another animal.
  • Prompt Idea: Choose a September prompt.
  • Presentation: Write your journaling in cursive.
  • Writing Format: Write a thank-you note to your subject.
  • Inspiration Words: happy, sing, darling
THE SCHEME
  • 240.69.148 – fuchsia
  • 189.208.57 – chartreuse
  • 255.255.255 – bright white
  • 255.241.22 – lemon yellow
  • 9.9.7 - black

We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!

The deadline for completing this Case File is Sunday, September 30, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Be sure to link your layout using the link tool in the sidebar, and mention the Evidence and Testimony clues you used. Also, please title your link with your name and country.

3 comments:

  1. Another wonderful challenge and beautiful inspiration! Added my layout. Thanks for the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing amazing blog. I am really happy to read your blog. Thanks for sharing your blog.friv for school 2020 || kizi Games online || Abcya games

    ReplyDelete