Saturday, August 1, 2020

August Case Files - First Reveal | Deadline: September 4, 2020

Happy August! Summer sure has been zooming by! We're excited to bring you some fantastic new challenges, new sponsors, and new guest designers to inspire you!

We hope you've been enjoying the July challenges, and don't forget that if you haven't yet had a chance to play, we've added a few extra days to the deadline--submissions will be accepted by the 4th of the next month.

For this first reveal, we'll be sharing inspiration from the design team and guest designers for our first Case File. On the 15th, we'll be sharing inspiration from the design team and guest designers for our second Case File as well as our Cold Case File, our special stash-busting challenge.


SPONSORS 

This month, we have six generous sponsors donating prizes! Click here to read more about our sponsors and the prizes they are donating. Winners will be selected randomly from all of our players, with a few exceptions where sponsors have asked us to choose from certain geographic regions.




CASE FILES 

It's our tradition at CSI to dedicate August Case Files to travel, and we didn't want to let this pandemic get in the way of that! Draw your own inspiration from The Scene on the Case File, or you can use the traditional clues, which can be found at the bottom of this blog post.

 Image Credit: Cool Flat Lay

Image Credit: Nastia Sleptsova


Image Credit: Mariana Pereyra

The traditional CSI clues can be found on our Facebook page in the first entry under the album. Just click on the Case File images above. They are also posted at the bottom of this reveal.

To submit your layouts, click on the Case Files in our sidebar, which will bring you to the individual albums in our Facebook group.




GUEST DESIGNERS

We're honored to have some members of the CUT to YOU and 2Crafty design teams joining us as Guest Detectives this month! You are sure to be inspired by their beautiful work!

Also, we've got a team of Special Investigators joining us as guest designers. We've invited our players whose work caught our eye and were placed Under Surveillance to join us this month.



INSPIRATION 

And now, are you ready for some serious inspiration? Here's what our design team and guest designers created with Case File No. 327. We will share their creations for Case File No. 328 and the Cold Case on the 15th.


Here's how the talented team members of the 2Crafty Design Team solved the Case:


How Di solved the Case: I have used the colours as my inspiration & I have also used eight things from the "evidence" list too.

Here are the gorgeous 2Crafty chipboard pieces Di used on her beautiful project:



Our amazing Guest Detectives from the CUT to YOU design team will be sharing inspiration in the mid-month reveal.








We're excited to bring you a team of Special Investigators, chosen from our CSI players. Some of our Special Investigators will be revealed at our mid-month reveal.


Kathy McElfresh


I’m a retired techie who loves playing with paper and mixed media, and I’m drawn to challenges that fire my imagination and stretch my capabilities in new and exciting ways. I’m thrilled to be a Special Investigator for CSI because I love the openness and thoughtfulness of the prompts! I do three weekly video series on my YT channel in addition to monthly Scrap Academy “lessons” and “Getting Messy” challenges for The Secret Not Secret Kit Club parties. In between pages I’m the chief cook and bottle washer in our multi-generational home with my hubby, our son and his three kiddos — all of whom frequently star on my pages. I cook and garden the same way I scrap — with a wild mix of colors and styles! My scrappy Facebook page is ScrappyKathy and I’m on Instagram as “scrappykathyy” with that extra y at the end. Here’s a link to my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qtVo7aBN2as-CGizhMb1A


How Kathy solved the Case: Case 327 lit the fire to explore previous travel since prospects for travel any time soon are a bit limited! I fell in love with the inspiration image as well as the color scheme (although I will admit to adding a bit or two of blue). Solving the case was aided by these clues, all of which I managed to fit on my page: map, grid, cork, stripes, postcard, travel theme, metal, clock, cup, camera, vintage items, triangles, and sunshine, and I wrote my journaling as an itinerary on a tag! This was so much fun and I am so happy with the page!



Jean Marmo

My name is Jean Marmo and I am honored to be Guest Designing here at CSI. I am a mom of two grown adult children and am now a grandmother of a three and a one year old! Having adult kids slowed down my scrapbooking, but now, with the little ones, I am back at it. My scrapping style has changed over the years and I now enjoy adding mixed media elements to my layouts. I love to preserve memories from every day to special events and hope the albums will be treasured for many years. I am an avid reader and also play with watercolor paints creating cards and paintings. I would love to have you visit my blog PagesinTime .

Thank you CSI: Color Stories Inspiration for this wonderful opportunity!

How Jean solved the Case: When I saw Case File #327, I immediately knew I had the perfect photos for it. My granddaughter is a big fan of Daniel Tiger and wanted to ride a train like he does. In January we took her for a ride on the Light Rail in Phoenix. I incorporated many of the evidence items including a map, a chipboard grid, the tickets, and a clock face. It was an exciting adventure for her and us as we watched her.


Michelle Mattie

Hey everyone. My name is Michelle Mattie and I live on our family farm in a small community on the east coast of Canada. I work full time as a veterinary technician and have a daughter and two adorable grandsons, who are the focus of most of my layouts. I started scrapbooking in 2003 after being invited to a home party and haven't looked back!! I love challenges and use sketches on pretty much all my pages. Some signatures are machine stitching, fussy cutting and mixed media, in one form or another. I'm not sure how to describe my style. Sometimes it can be clean and simple, and other times it can get pretty messy. I love texture and dimension on my layouts. When I'm not scrapping I love to putter outside, play volleyball, read or work on wool applique. I am super excited to be a Special Investigator on the CSI team and can't wait to share my first reveal with you. Below are the links to my social media platforms.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/michellemattie/?hl=en


How Michelle solved the Case: From the evidence elements I was able to use stripes, map print, grid pattern, check pattern, cork, travel-themed elements, metal, sunglasses, cursive font, camera, borders (I used a border punch). From the testimony elements I chose the outing topic. Had a lot of fun with this one!!


Heather Bellanger

Hi! My name is Heather and I'm excited to be designing this month for CSI. I live near Baton Rouge, Louisiana and am from New Orleans. I started scrapbooking before my daughters were born so I stay pretty current. By day, I'm a tax and small business CPA, and scrapbooking is my creative outlet. I cherish the friendships I've made through the hobby and all of the laughs we've had. I recently started playing with cut files and sewing on my layouts. I love the variety it brings to a design. I'm always trying to use up my stash, but I'm tempted way too easily by all the new exciting designs!


How Heather solved the Case: I drew my inspiration for Case #327 from a few pieces of evidence. The scene reminded me of a recent vacation to the Alabama beach and the cursive font on the hat led me to the title. I love that these cases give us so many clues. The paper airplanes in Vicki Boutin's Let's Wander Collection made me think of travel and the Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide from Tim Holtz was the perfect accent color. The photograph says "sunshine" to me!


The CSI design team masterfully cracked the Case. We'll share how they solved the Case on Facebook.




















NOTE: I goofed and forgot to give the Case File clues document to my design team, and sweet Emma went looking for it. Being new to the team, she didn't realize she had found last August's Case File. I'm sorry, Emma! I want to share Emma's beautiful layout here:


Here's a reminder of that Case File:  


CASE FILE CLUES 

Choose as many or as few as you are inspired to use! 


Testimony Link - Daydreaming on Paper


Testimony Link - August Prompts


We trust we've provided enough clues for you to solve the Cases! You have until Friday, September 4, 2020, to solve this case. We can't wait to see what you'll create! Upload your creations in our Facebook Group (album links in sidebar).


No comments:

Post a Comment