Thursday, November 15, 2018

Case File No. 266 - Deadline: November 30, 2018

We're back with our mid-month challenge, and we're excited because it's definitely got possibilities for "out of the box" thinking! We can't wait to see what you'll do with this one!

Our challenges stay open all month long. And did you know that you are welcome to submit as many layouts as you'd like for the challenges? We also don't mind if you combine our challenge with other challenges or with your design team work. We are here to inspire you to scrap and tell your stories!

So, are you ready for the new challenge? Grab you forensics kits, CSI players, and get ready for some serious sleuthing as we open Case File No. 266.

CASE FILE

The colder weather seems to drive us indoors, so this month, so we're celebrating Home Sweet Home with our Case Files this month. Don't feel like scrapping about home? No worries! Just use any part of the Case File to inspire you. 

Feel free to interpret the Case File in any way that inspires you, or for our traditional clues, scroll down to the bottom of this post.

The cool image from this month's first Case File was found on decorating website DoceObra.


For our Russian players, Detective Anastasia has translated our Case File into Russian:


SPONSORS

We're so excited to have twelve generous sponsors this month! Our sponsors are among the best in the crafting industry, offering unique and trendy products. CLICK HERE to read more about these generous sponsors and the prizes they're donating.



GUEST DESIGNERS

We're excited to have Phoebe Tonosaki, from Lindy's Gang, and GypsyStockley, from Mystical Scrapbooks, serving as Guest Detectives this month!

INSPIRATION

So...are you ready for some serious inspiration?

Here is how our talented Guest Detectives cracked the Case:

Phoebe, from Lindy's Gang:



Gypsy, from Mystical Scrapbooks:



How Gypsy solved the Case: I've solved the case with the Yellow, white and Turquoise in the colour scheme. As well as being inspired by the stacked boxes with their assortment of bits and bobs in them.


Here is how the CSI Detectives have expertly cracked the case. You can read more about how the Case File inspired them on their blogs (links on sidebar).

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

How Michelle solved the Case: Love how bright this inspiration board is!I used the colour palette, then used the stripey diamonds from one of the cushions, plus I added hearts, a cute pom pom frame, epoxy stickers, and flowers. I added a cap as a nod to my daughters boyfriend, who I have yet to see without a cap on!

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

How Lisa solved the Case: I was inspired by the colors in this photo and the rectangles. I used a clock, flowers and dangled frames from brads for my evidence. I documented something I do every day, well in 1 form or another.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

How Lisa-Marie solved the Case: What an amazingly colourful challenge! As is pretty obvious by looking at my layout, I tried to emulate the shelving in the picture by placing my frames on my layout first. Additional inspiration I took from the image (aside from the glorious colours!) was the use of stars, hearts and birds; as well as some flowers and a phrase sticker to create my title. My journalling is along the lines of being grateful for something; as November is Adoption Awareness month, I decided to do a layout and write about how very thankful I am for adoption and our Birth Mom for selecting us to be Isabella's parents.

Image may contain: 1 person

How Vivian solved the Case: The evidence clue "Mimic the boxed shelving as a design element" inspired this page about my son and nephew this time. I had so much fun creating this fun, funky and very 3D page!

Image may contain: 1 person

How Sue solved the Case: I was mostly inspired by the colours and geometric patterns and have also added stars, hearts, puffy stickers and the surprise, a little pink bunny.

Image may contain: 1 person



How Debbi solved the Case: I loved how the colorful boxes looked against that brick wall, so I wanted to imitate that look on my page. For my testimony, I journaled inside a frame. I used the colors in the Scheme, and I used all of the Evidence clues. It was fun searching through my stash for fun, unexpected things to include on my page.

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling

How Laura solved the Case: I was inspired by the stack of boxes and used this to arrange my photos. There are several evidence prompts here, but I journaled my grandson's first birthday party.

No automatic alt text available.

How Natsuko solved the Case: I was inspired by the colors and boxes. I also used textured paper, stars, puffy stickers, phrase stickers from the evidence.

Image may contain: stripes

How Magali solved the Case: I was inspired by the colored boxes of the case file's picture.


How Raechelle solved the Case: The evidence I was inspired by is the following: the color scheme (although I went with a more pinkish red than orangish red), Geometric patterns, textured paper, stars, hearts, butterflies, frames, puffy stickers, flowers, phrase sticker, mimic the boxed shelving as a design element(I added dimension to the frames to make it appear like boxes), fabric (bow),and dangle something (frame cut file mimics hanging)



Image may contain: 2 people


Image may contain: 3 people, including Taru Jehkonen, people smiling

How Taru solved the Case: I made my page with a traditional way! Document something you do every day with embossed paper, stars and fabric.


Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling

How Marinella solved the Case: I was inspired by the color combo and by the scene. I'Ve used Geometric patterns, embossed and textured papers, stars, hearts, birds, frames, puffy stickers, phrase sticker. The title is Grateful to honor the thanksging month, and all the phrases and sentiments were used to say thank you to my family in the extraordinary and in the ordinary daylife.

CASE FILE CLUES 
Choose as few or as many as you are inspired to use!



EVIDENCE
  • Geometric patterns
  • Bricks
  • Embossed or textured paper
  • Stars
  • Hearts
  • Birds (or other animals)
  • Frames
  • Clock
  • Puffy stickers
  • Telephone or other gadget
  • Flowers
  • Phrase sticker
  • Bottle or jar
  • Mimic the boxed shelving as a design element
  • Fabric
  • Dangle something
  • Add something (or many things) completely unexpected to your page.
TESTIMONY (JOURNALING IDEAS)
  • Topic: Document something you do every day.
  • Prompt Idea: It’s Thanksgiving month. Thank something unexpected. Check this out for ideas of what I mean. 
  • Presentation: Display your journaling in a frame or on a shelf-of-sorts with some other decorative elements.
  • Writing Format: Write a list of random things about your subject.
  • Inspiration Words: vibrant, quirky, unexpected
THE SCHEME
  • 252.225.30 – bright yellow
  • 21.173.178 – right between aqua and turquoise
  • 205.73.24 – in between orange and red
  • 248.250.249 – white
  • 30.23.17 – black

We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!

The deadline for completing this Case File is Friday, November 30, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Be sure to link your layout using the link tool in the sidebar, and mention the Evidence and Testimony clues you used. Also, please title your link with your name and country.

1 comment:

  1. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.jogos online 2019
    play Games friv
    school friv

    ReplyDelete