Sunday, April 15, 2018

Case File No. 252 - Deadline: April 30, 2018

We're back with our mid-month challenge. Don't forget you still have until the end of the month to solve Case File No. 251. And did you know that you are welcome to submit as many layouts as you'd like for the challenges?

We'll be having a design call soon, so stay tuned for that!

So, are you ready for the new challenge? Grab you forensics kits, CSI players, and get ready for some serious sleuthing as we open Case File No. 252.

CASE FILE

Did you know April is National Decorating Month? We found the perfect Scene to celebrate at Bright Bazaar blog. This sunny, monochromatic Scene is lovely and refreshing, and we can't wait to see how you draw inspiration.

Feel free to interpret the Case File in any way that inspires you, or for our traditional clues, scroll down to the bottom of this post.


For our Russian players, Detective Anastasia has translated our Case File into Russian:


Правила на русском языке вы можете прочитать здесь.




SPONSORS

We're so excited to have seventeen generous sponsors this month! Holy llama that's a lot of sponsors! Our sponsors are among the best in the crafting industry, offering unique and trendy products. CLICK HERE to read more about these generous sponsors and the prizes they're donating.


Bramble Fox is offering a discount this month to CSI players!



GUEST DESIGNERS

We're excited have the talented design teams from Bramble Fox (see their layouts in our April 1 reveal), Cuts2Love, and Denim Tampons join us this month as Guest Detectives!


INSPIRATION

So...are you ready for some serious inspiration?

The Guest Detectives from Bramble Fox did an amzing job solving the Case File:

Jo's blog

Julie's blog

Thai's blog

Our talented Guest Detectives from Cuts2Luv solved the Case File like this:

Caroline's blog
How Caroline solved the Case File: For this case I was inspired again by the beautiful combo, this palette was amazing! I used also a text pattern stamp, some doilies, a picture of animals and some little hearts.

Badbarbie's blog
How Badbarbie solved the Case File: I used the color combo as base for my creation and I have a love of fun creating a background effect with alphabets and numbers. I’m crazy cat lady so it was a must for me to use a cat flair on my creation.

France's blog
 How France solved the Case File: Yellow... A color I have to say I love but neglect to use on my pages. This image was refreshing, I wanted to capture a special moment in our family life of when we bought our cottage. That place was a ray of sunlight in our life. I felt it was the perfect moment to capture for this challenge.

My evidence: Stripes, dots, circles, numbers (roman clock), hearts (die-cut) & color combo.

For the testimony, I would say I was inspired by the word SHINE and chose my title SUNSHINE to reflect that inspiration.

Plumo's blog

Sandra's blog

Torsa's blog

Valerie's blog

How Valerie solved the Case File: I was inspired by the colors, puffy alphabets as a design and washi tape.

The Denim Tampons design team rocked the Case File too:

Lydie's blog


Sixela95's blog
How Sixela solved the Case File: I took the combo, the stripes, the triangles, the alphabet in the background stencil. I discover your challenges, I think it's great. I had a lot of fun to participate


Here is how the CSI Detectives have expertly cracked the case. You can read more about how the Case File inspired them on their blogs (links on sidebar).

Image may contain: 1 person

How Nina solved the Case File: I was inspired by the scene; the stripes on the bedspread and the suitcases under the bed that made me think of travelling. From the list of evidence I chose: stripes, dots, circles, washi tape and puffy stickers.

Image may contain: 1 person

How Debbi solved the Case File: This week's colour palette was perfect for our little Sous Chef's photos and I was able to use 12 of the clues, too..YAY..!! I kept the design simple even though I did a lot of stamping for the background and for my handmade embellishments. Don't you just love that quote from Thomas Edison..?? This was definitely a fun Case!


How Annie solved the Case File: I went old school with this one - used the colour scheme; also circles, heart, frames, text patterns; put some journaling in a frame and will add more to that top one when I've checked the details! From the inspiration image, I picked up the idea of home decor, thinking of fabric and paint swatches and creating different patterns with watercolour paints. The photo shows my step grandson Bailey, who is growing up fast into a real cool dude!


How Taru solved the Case File: My inspiration came from the challenge photo.


How Debbi solved the Case File: What first caught my attention in The Scene--besides the obvious monocrhomatic color scheme--were the numbers, so I knew I wanted to do something that related to numbers, and I found the perfect topic--my pounds to lose/pounds lost jars. I always love trying to use as many clues as I can from the Evidence list, and I did use most of them. My journaling, in the pocket behind the frame, was a Testimony clue. And obviously, I used all the colors from The Scheme. I used several stamps from our Denim Tampons, one of our sponsors. More details about the products I used, and my journaling, can be found on my blog.





Image may contain: 1 person

How Lisa-Marie solved the Case File: I decided to do a dark background this time; and was mostly inspired by all the rectangles on the two photographs, which is why my layering comprises mostly those shapes. My eye was also drawn to the stripes and the diamond shapes - so I incorporated those by means of paper and my background. Lastly I used a few circles and doilies to finish my look.


How Laura solved the Case File: I used triangles, text, dots, numbers, and metal.



How Vivian solved the Case File: I was inspired by the traditional clues and colour palette once again. I'm not sure I'll ever get the hang of free-styling! I added in a little bit of orange, to make the yellow-y orange of the bird make a little more sense.

I know that my green house dosesn't seem to go with the palette, but I wanted to document this time and our move in a simple way and did not want to make the picture black and white.


How Patty solved the Case File: I was inspired by the the cheery colors and reminded of the sunshine my two adult children bring to my life!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

How Nina solved the Case File: Loved these colours. They made it so easy to make a simple, graphic page together with the triangle shapes. From the evidence list I picked circle, clouds and triangles.



No automatic alt text available.

How Carina solved the Case File: When I saw the photos and the prompt about home it got me thinking, and what makes a home. To me it´s all about family so I decided to make my page about that AND using the fab color scheme for this challenge.


No automatic alt text available.


How Jacynthe solved the Case File: I solved the case the traditional way using the five colours, although the shades vary somewhat. I chose a medium tone grey instead of the light grey suggested. There are stripes, diamond pattern, circles, washi tape, and numbers. I documented something about my home. The journaling is on the back of my layout. You'll have to check my blog to read it.


CASE FILE CLUES 
Choose as few or as many as you are inspired to use!



EVIDENCE
  • stripes
  • dots
  • diamond pattern
  • text pattern
  • triangles
  • circles
  • doily
  • washi tape
  • light bulb/lamps
  • frames
  • banner/bunting
  • numbers
  • use the alphabet as a design element
  • clips
  • clouds
  • dry embossing
  • metal
  • puffy stickers
  • animals
  • hearts
  • mustache
TESTIMONY (JOURNALING IDEAS)
  • Topic: Document something about your home.
  • Prompt Idea: Get inspired by a word at Sunday Scribblings
  • Presentation: Put your journaling in a frame.
  • Writing Format: Write a numbered list.
  • Inspiration Words: fun, shine, edge
THE SCHEME
  • 219.213.65 – yellow with a touch of green
  • 248.240.141 – light yellow
  • 253.255.251 – white
  • 224.224.224 – light gray
  • 59.59.59 - black


We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!

The deadline for completing this Case File is Monday, April 30, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Be sure to link your layout using the link tool in the sidebar, and mention the Evidence and Testimony clues you used. Also, please title your link with your name and country.

3 comments: