Friday, May 1, 2020

May Case Files - First Reveal - Deadline: June 4, 2020

Happy May! If you're like me here in Maryland, you're likely still sheltering in place. It's getting harder to stay inside as the weather gets nicer, but thankfully we have this wonderful hobby of our sto keep our hands and minds occupied as we wait out this pandemic. And we've got some fantastic new challenges, new sponsors, and new guest designers to inspire you!

We hope you've been enjoying the April challenges, and don't forget that if you haven't yet had a chance to play, we've added a few extra days to the deadline--submissions will be accepted by the 4th of the next month.

For this first reveal, we'll be sharing inspiration from the design team and guest designers for our first Case File. On the 15th, we'll be sharing inspiration from the design team and guest designers for our second Case File as well as our Cold Case File, our special stash-busting challenge.



SPONSORS 

This month, we have seven generous sponsors donating prizes! Click here to read more about our sponsors and the prizes they are donating. Winners will be selected randomly from all of our players, with a few exceptions where sponsors have asked us to choose from certain geographic regions.




CASE FILES 

We're celebrating National Photography Month and May Flowers (April Showers bring May Flowers) with our Case Files and a sweet treat with our Cold Case File. Draw your own inspiration from The Scene on the Case File, or you can use the traditional clues, which can be found at the bottom of this blog post.

Image Credit: Tara Milk Tea

Image Credit: Dawn Machell

Image Credit - Sandra Bianco Photography

The traditional CSI clues can be found on our Facebook page in the first entry under the album. Just click on the Case File images above. They are also posted at the bottom of this reveal.

To submit your layouts, click on the Case Files  in our sidebar, which will bring you to the individual albums in our Facebook group.




GUEST DESIGNERS

We're honored to have some members of the CUT to YOU2Crafty, and Denim Tampons (Denim Stamps in English) design teams joining us as Guest Detectives this month! You are sure to be inspired by their beautiful work!

Also, starting this month, we've got a team of Special Investigators joining us as guest designers. We've invited our players whose work caught our eye and were placed Under Surveillance to join us this month.



INSPIRATION 

And now, are you ready for some serious inspiration? Here's what our design team and guest designers created with Case File No. 318. We will share their creations for Case File No. 319 and the Cold Case on the 15th.






Here's how the talented team members of the 2Crafty Design Team solved the Case:




Our amazing Guest Detectives from the CUT to YOU design team mastered the Case:







The inspiring guest designers from Denim Tampons solved the Case too.


Meldon

Elodie Magnier

Sixela

How Sixela solved the Case:  I used the colors: orange, yellow, gray, black and white, a button, a camera, a polaroid, something glossy and leaf.

We're excited to bring you a team of Special Investigators, chosen from our CSI players.


Rona Mallard

Hi, my name is Rona Mallard and I am thrilled to be guest designing for CSI. I have loved this challenge site for quite some time now and have found that my layouts have improved over that time because of the out of the box thinking that comes from challenging myself to use as much evidence as possible and from gleaning from the inspiration layouts created by this very talented team! I have been scrapbooking for over 20 years and currently scrapbook mostly my two grandsons.

How Rona solved the Case:  I was very inspired by the beautiful color pallet and the cute little fox. Evidence used was woodgrain patterned paper, animals and polaroid frames.

Emma Fryxelius

My name is Emma and I live in Sweden with my husband and our six children. At present my studies towards a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry takes up a lot of time, but I try to do something creative at least one day a week; layouts, pocket scrapbooking, and the occasional card or mixed media project. When not at my desk, I practice the Japanese martial art Aikido, in which I have a black belt. You are most welcome to visit my blog www.dorcasdetaljer.wordpress.com 

Thank you so much for the honour of being a Special Investigator for this wonderful challenge blog!

How Emma solved the Case: My eye was immediately drawn to the Totoro in the picture, and knew then I wanted to scrap about my trip to Japan, where I went last autumn as an uchi-deshi (live-in student) of Aikidio in the Founder's Dojo. The colours in the Case File was perfectly suited for some photos of the beautiful Dojo. As Evidence I chose wood background, animals and clock. The Testimony is about an inanimate object (the building).

Jen Miller

By day I am a veterinarian and by night I am an avid scrapbooker. I live with my husband and our small farm of rescue animals in Maine. I have been scrapbooking for 21 years this year and I still love this hobby a much as I did on my first day. I have grown as a person and as a scrapbooker so much in the last 21 years but I just LOVE seeing that progressing through my pages. I am a 12 x 12 paper scrapbooker, but I love to mix and match my products, styles and medias! My animals are my life and consequently my primary scrapbooking subject matter so you will see a heavy animal influence in my pages. You can find my work on my Instagram page devoted solely to my scrapbooking! Instagram.com/pawsandscrap



How Jen solved the Case: When I saw this file I immediately thought of my little fox dog! I've had this fox in my stash just waiting to be painted and this case was a good reason to pull it out. I used 2 wood grain papers (the background and the orange behind the photo), lots of animals, an animal print, texture paste and I even snuck in a watch!


The CSI design team masterfully cracked the Case. We'll share how they solved the Case on Facebook.




















CASE FILE CLUES 

Choose as many or as few as you are inspired to use! 

Testimony Link - Thought Questions

Testimony Link - May Prompts



We trust we've provided enough clues for you to solve the Cases! You have until Thursday, June 4, 2020, to solve this case. We can't wait to see what you'll create! Upload your creations in our Facebook Group (album links in sidebar).


1 comment: